Connecting the scholar and practitioner to the culture and society.
It is important for the powerful work happening in educational institutions around the globe to be shared with a wider audience, not only as case study but as philosophy, theory & pedagogy. Here is a selection of my work bridging the worlds of teaching, scholarship & service with our larger communities.
(May 15, 2018 - Inside Higher Ed) Calls to create a discipline around the term risk reinforcing existing problems with how it is used -- and misused -- in higher education.
(April 3, 2018 - Wonkhe) Five years after the New York Times anointed 2012 as the Year of the Massive Open Online Course (MOOC), Udacity – the company founded by Sebastian Thrun, the self-described forefather of MOOCs – pronounced them dead.
(February 24, 2018) Innovation in education: friend or foe? In this episode, Bryan Alexander and I discuss the problems and opportunities with basing higher education policies at local, state and federal levels within the auspices of innovation.
- OLC Accelerate Thought Leaders (November 20, 2017 - Inside Higher Ed)
- Online learning start-up makes CEO switch (October 19, 2017 - Crain's Chicago)
- Episode 76: Dealing with criticism in research (September 18, 2017 - Research In Action Podcast)
- The Rise of EdTech as a Sociocultural & Ideological Phenomenon with George Veletsianos (April 3, 2017 - Educause Review)
- All I Know is What's On the Internet (January 19, 2017 - Real Life Magazine)